Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST WISHES FROM GAYS TO JOE BIDEN AND KAMALA HARRIS
I have followed with trepidation the votes for the election of the President of the United States of America and I can say that at the news that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris had won the elections and were now the President-elect and the Vice-President-elect, I experienced moments of authentic satisfaction. Biden's clear, never opportunist and genuinely progressive positions on issues related to gay rights and civil rights more generally have endeared him to gays across the Atlantic but also to those in Europe. Biden is a Catholic but he speaks in terms of freedom and the secular nature of the state, which must not repress freedom in the name of other principles but must defend it because it is the only truly common value on which human coexistence can be durably founded.

Biden promised to be a staunch ally of the LGBTQ community.
“You deserve a partner in the White House to fight with conviction and win the battles ahead,” he said. “Together we’ll pass the Equality Act, protect LGBTQ youth, expand access to health care, support LGBTQ workers, win full rights for transgender Americans, recommit to ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic by 2025, advance LGBT rights around the globe, not just at home.”

Joe Biden declared his commitment to LGBTQ rights, including his support for the Equality Act to modify existing civil rights legislation and to add protections against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Biden is a Catholic who does not want to impose moralizations on anyone, but wants to try to achieve greater social justice which is the minimum form of love of neighbor.

Speaking at the Human Rights Campaign’s National Dinner in Washington, Biden spoke of the “terrible disease” that killed his son Beau, and said it’s just as important to challenge homophobia as it is cancer.
“My son felt so strongly about this, and Jill and I do,” he said.
“This is a disease and a plight on America, this disease of homophobia. But we can end it. We can save my grandkids, my great-grandkids, and thousands and thousands of Americans, and the rest of the world will repair to the American standard.”

Messages In This Thread
BEST WISHES FROM GAYS TO JOE BIDEN AND KAMALA HARRIS - by gayprojectforum - 11-08-2020, 03:31 AM