Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAY GUYS AND THE ANXIETY OF WAITING
Dear Project,

it was good for me to talk to you last night, but the underlying concerns remain and I hope that in the end they can vanish, because if it didn't happen, it would really be a nightmare. 

One considers certain things always distant and almost impossible, then you realize that it can happen, and that the fact that it doesn't happen to you personally in the end only consoles you a little. It can happen to the people you love and if it happened it would be destructive. 

You tried to get the guilt complexes out of my head, somehow you succeeded because those were not really problems, I know very well that, whatever happened, it is not immediately attributable to me, but this doesn’t make me feel better.

We will have to wait another few days and I pray to God that there will be no terrible news. Of him I spoke only with you, in complete anonymity, first of all out of respect for him and then because my friends would understand nothing, for them when a story is over, is over, if a guy is your boyfriend, then you have some duties, but if he is no longer such you are totally free, but for me it has never been so. He is no longer my boyfriend for years now but I love him anyway, and thinking that he may be sick knocks me out. 

For a long time we didn't hear each other, and I was quiet, that is, I thought he was okay, then he called me with those doubts on his mind and put me in crisis. My guts are contorting, I'm afraid, afraid for him. It's not a rational thing, waiting for the results it has a bad effect, and if it's so for me, I imagine how it can be for him. We had talked so much about being careful, not getting into trouble, but now he has doubts and has physical problems. I can only stay close to him because being sick and alone must be really terrible. 

With whom could he talk about it? With parents? Mh ... no, not really possible, to his partners? They would dodge him like a leper. Project, at the moment these are all hypotheses that could very well be completely wrong and I hope they are, but I feel anxious, worried and I don't know how to make him feel better. We have a series of medical checks in the near future and I can only hope that there will be no bad news. 

He could also have problems that have nothing to do with sexually transmitted diseases, but I see him in crisis, he is not in his normal state, it’s true that anxiety can be destructive, and I hope that it’s only that. We loved each other, then he started to look for something else, and I can understand him, but between us there is still respect and a deep affection. 

Project, I feel the anxiety of waiting, the exact opposite of a rational attitude, even if we have planned everything in the way that seems most rational, I feel uneasy, I have the feeling that human life is carried by the wind like the leaves. For what little I can, I have to try to be close to him, if I let myself be taken by anguish I make him feel even worse. Project, I was amazed by your attitude in chat, you didn’t trivialize as people do, you didn’t say the classic: "you will see that it will be nothing" no! You said to me: "However things go you have an irreplaceable role" and this phrase has remained in my mind.

I embrace you strongly, Project, I'll call you back on skype in the afternoon.

Messages In This Thread
GAY GUYS AND THE ANXIETY OF WAITING - by gayprojectforum - 07-30-2019, 01:17 PM