Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A GAY GUY IN LOVE WITH HIS PROFESSOR
Hi Project,

I arrived at the forum http://gayprojectforum.altervista.org through a link in one of your blogs. I congratulate you, because it is a very well done forum and there are many answers that cannot be found elsewhere. It is a pity that search engines do not index it properly. I saw that the blog in Italian, however, is very indexed, but for someone who doesn't speak Italian, having a blog in English would be very important. Insist and try to move on, sooner or later you will succeed, at least I hope so.

Now I come to the reason for this mail. First of all you will ask me why an email (and a timed email address) and not a post on the forum. The answer to me seems almost obvious. I want to preserve my privacy as much as possible and I need to understand how things really work before trusting you.

I am almost twenty-three years old, I am a student of scientific disciplines in a large university in a city in Northern Europe, where I live. In my university there are also gay associations, the climate for gays openly out is rather favorable, but my problem is that I’m not out and I don’t want to come out because this would create some problems in my family (and not only) or maybe more than some problem would cause me some embarrassment. I know many gays who came out; here, in fact, coming out is not a problem, with several of those guys I get along very well but I would look for my way of being gay and soon you will understand why.

The university gay associations are quite serious and I have nothing against these things, but, there, sexuality becomes a social fact, a topic of conversation, something that must be shared and there are inevitably standards that I don’t fully recognize. I try to explain myself better, I don’t fall in love with my peers but with adult men, my classmates consider me hetero because with them I have classic friendships like those between straight guys, because my university colleagues don’t attract me sexually, while some of my professors are also a sexual interest for me and obviously a similar speech, in a gay university association, would sound rather strange. I did a little investigation among the gay guys I know and there is not even one who has interests similar to mine, so I preferred to leave aside gay university associations.

Needless to say, I feel very lonely, partly because I cannot talk to anyone about my true life. And then I stand aside and avoid getting involved directly. I study a lot, I have good results, but unfortunately I don’t have an affective-sexual life, I live only with fantasies and projections.

Last year I was included in a group of six students, coordinated by a forty-year-old professor who is not only very good but also beautiful. Sometimes we were in the laboratory for four hours at a time. Once we put on an experiment that was supposed to last for six days in a row and had to be monitored without interruption, day and night. My five colleagues only came in the morning, I offered to stay there and monitor the experiment and, in practice, I stayed in the Institute a week in a row, day and night. The professor often came in the afternoon and sometimes even stayed until after midnight. For me, seeing him was a real happiness, we talked almost exclusively about the experiment, I proposed a change and tried to explain the reasons for it, and he listened to me with the greatest attention and then decided to put into practice that change and this made me immensely pleased. The last two nights, he came to the laboratory and brought dinner for him and me and we had dinner together. At the end of the experiment he asked me to do a small publication with him to describe the experiment and its results. He told me that we would work together for three days and that it would not be a big deal.

The publication of the article with my name after that of the professor created a terrible situation of embarrassment with my colleagues who considered me an opportunist and a social climber, but in fact they too could participate in a much more concrete way to the management of the experiment.

My relationship with the professor was excellent, but obviously, as far as I was concerned, it was not just a collaboration of study and research, I had fallen in love with the professor, even though I did not know anything about him. He is not married, I certainly know that. He is often around both in Europe and in the USA. I saw him always go around alone, but I don’t know much more. With me he was perfectly at ease, but also very professional. In the many hours spent together we only talked about the experiment, there was never even a nod to the private life. Now the period of the research group is over, sometimes I see the professor going up and down the stairs of the Institute, sometimes I go to greet him in his office and a couple of times he also invited me to lunch at the cafeteria of the Institute, but there was never anything that went only one inch outside the perimeter of the professional relationship. On social networks he doesn’t have a profile, I have his email, but it's the official one of the university. I don’t know what to do, Project, I'm in love with him but I'm afraid of making trouble. 

Very sincerely I think that he completely removed the emotional life and now has devoted himself totally to the science, but I have the vague feeling that science is just a way to avoid thinking. I have a vague feeling that he is gay and, despite all his ostentatious professionalism, I think that I’m also a great temptation for him. I had this feeling several times, I could not even tell you a specific reason that drives me to think so, but some small smiles, some sentences started one way and ended in another, too long pauses and certain ways of looking away, made me think a lot. Do I have to take the first step or I have to wait to be out of the university, if I ever get out of it, to do a peer-to-peer talk with him? I believe that something similar to what happens to me happens to him, but roles are reversed. I am too young for him according to the "standard model" and he is too old for me, but the standard model does not always have to be valid. There are many things that that model does not explain. 

Of course, at university a professor cannot be compromised with a student, because it would actually be too risky, and a student cannot declare his love to a professor. Sometimes I'm tempted to risk everything and I think I could win my bet in the end, but I don’t want to put him in embarrassing situations. That’s why I keep going on like this. On the threshold of a relationship that could be beautiful, and in my opinion it is not only an abstract hypothesis, but we both lack the courage to take the first step without return, both for opportunity and above all for the fear of being answered with a refusal. It's my first love and I'm afraid of burning everything in a hurry. Now you can understand how I feel and what I can experience. I dream of my teacher every night, but I don’t dream of him in the chair but in my bed, this has now become a kind of obsession ... What should I do, Project? Has it ever happened to you to see situations similar to mine? If you think it is appropriate, please publish the email, because it is quite neutral. 

G.O.

Messages In This Thread
A GAY GUY IN LOVE WITH HIS PROFESSOR - by gayprojectforum - 12-06-2017, 05:20 PM