GAY PROJECT FORUM
GAY GUYS BETWEEN APPS AND CAMS - Printable Version

+- GAY PROJECT FORUM (http://gayprojectforum.altervista.org)
+-- Forum: GAY REALITY (http://gayprojectforum.altervista.org/F-gay-reality)
+--- Forum: Coming out (http://gayprojectforum.altervista.org/F-coming-out)
+--- Thread: GAY GUYS BETWEEN APPS AND CAMS (/T-gay-guys-between-apps-and-cams)

GAY GUYS BETWEEN APPS AND CAMS - gayprojectforum - 10-12-2018

Hi Project,

I read a lot on your forum and also the manual Being Gay and I breathed a sigh of relief, from these readings comes out an image of gay life that is very close to what I live. I had surfed a lot on the Internet looking for something realistic, but frankly I was always disappointed. I also spent a period approaching chats and apps dedicated to gays and there, for me, it was just like going to explore the moon. I wondered: but how is it possible that there are no "normal" gay guys, that is guys not obsessed with sex and no too much engaged with the gay movement, guys who mustn't necessarily have a flag. I, with one exception that you will soon understand, have never seen the classic next door gay guy. Ok, we are few, even if not very few, but I didn’t see even a single gay guy and I didn’t even perceive a vague trace of them, just zero!

I’m 26 years old, throughout the university period I was very careful to spy on possible gay signals but I didn’t find any, or at least some clues were so labile that I was discouraged from going forward at any level. Then I found Gay Project, there were many beautiful testimonies, but, Project, are all old, even several years old, of this year there is very little, almost nothing, in short, Project, gay guys have escaped also from Gay Project! Where did they go? I think in the apps that explode for how many people you can find there, but it's a shame, because the forum serves to reflect and understand something of the lives of others and also of one’s own live. However, I close this parenthesis and come to the main motivation for my email. In practice, the story is about my relationship with the chats and some people known in chat, especially with one.

A couple of years ago, after a thousand hesitations, after doubts, scruples and everything you want, I register on a famous app for gay dating, I don’t name it, but I think you understand what I mean. When I enter for the first time I feel like Pinocchio in the Country of the toys. I said to myself: "But it's all so easy! But how did I not understand it before? I was totally stupid!" I get the first contact. I expect something very rough: four questions and then to the point! But no, I find a very kind guy who asks me how long I have been using the app, what is my name, in which region of Italy I am, etc. etc., in practice a normal chat, then asks me if we can see each other on cam, here I remain very perplexed, a little I had to imagine it, but then and there I felt caught on the counterattack, I finally told him that I didn’t feel like doing it, he tried to insist, but I didn’t change my mind and then he greeted me with a very characteristic phrase: "So what are you doing here?"

However, that experience put me in front of a Shakespearean doubt that I had to solve: "Cam or not cam?" In the end I told myself that app without cam makes no sense and I decided that I would show up on cam (dressed, of course !). At the next contact, more or less the same ritual, a little chatter and then the request to go on cam. I open the cam, but I find myself in front of a guy who doesn’t inspire me: long dirty nails, greasy hair, no! Just repellent and moreover probably over 40! Before making him talk I told him brutally: "You're not my type, I'm not interested, bye!" He replied with unspeakable insults: "Piece of sh.t ... you're beautiful! Ugly asshole!!" Then I closed and it ended there.

After an abstinence from the app lasted a few days, I try again, at the beginning the script is more or less the usual, we open the cam, well, this time I have to say that the guy gives me a good impression, he’s  not the guy of my dreams, but I think it's worth trying with him, but he immediately freezes me: "No, forget it! You're not my type, I like more fat guys, I'm sorry, Bye!" After having been put down this way, I deleted the app, but a couple of months later I downloaded it again and this time at the first shot I make bingo, I like the guy, he's young, he says he's 23 years old, moreover he's nice and he doesn’t close the cam but goes on chatting.

We speak, in practice never talk about sex, but he doesn’t even talk about women as happened with a guy I had met in a chat. Let's say this he was not bad, we spend a week chatting and he never talks about sex, ok, I tell myself that maybe he's a bit 'inhibited, on the other hand he’s young, we spend chatting another week and we talk about everything from fractals to quarks, from mandalas to coelacanth but we never talk about sex. I have never endured those who speak immediately about sex, but before or after we must come to the point.

I do not know whether to start the speech, but I don’t even know where to start from, I let him talk, but he starts to talk about Chinese cinema and things like that, so I cannot stand him anymore and I say to him: "But why did you look for me on the app? And he told me, I looked for you because I know you well ... " I tell him that I had never seen him and he answers me in a completely unexpected way: "If you are referring to what you saw in cam, that's not me, he’s a friend who made himself available ... " I began to be afraid because I didn’t know who I was talking to and I feared something bad, like blackmail or maybe he could also have been a psychopath. He told me: "I know many things about you! I know that this morning you went late to work ..."

Here I began to really worry, he could be some of my work colleagues, it seemed strange that someone followed my movements and spied on me, I didn’t understand what motivation could lead to similar things. Then before I wrote my answer he closed. I felt agitated, I didn’t sleep at night. Who could be interested in spying on me? And if the guy knew I was late at work he could only be one of my colleagues. In the morning I go to work, but I have the impression that nothing has changed, the three colleagues with whom I work and sometimes I even chat a bit every day don’t show signs of any kind. Things are not clear at all.

Who could know that I had arrived late for work? The guy does not show up for two days, I don’t know if I feel more comfortable or more agitated, then I get a message: "You're puzzled eh ... I can understand you!" I tried to make myself feel calm and to widen the speech in order to have some more elements to understand what was happening. He replied: "I feel that you are worried and that you pretend not to be, you must learn to recite better."  I was puzzled and asked him: "Who are you? What do you want from me?" He replied: "I’m your conscience! And I want to bring you to think a little bit. I know you, I know that today at the bar you didn’t have the usual breakfast, you chose something different, but why? Maybe are you agitated?" "But I totally ban you and close this shit of an app!" "Certainly you can do it, but the idea of being controlled will remain, there are so many ways ... " And he closed.

I tried to remember who was near me at the bar but I had not noticed anyone, at least I had ruled out that it was a work colleague, because in the morning at the bar there was nobody I knew, but someone obviously knew me. However, in the following days the guy would not have returned to my bar, of this I could be sure. He said he was my conscience and wanted to make me think. Could he be a person I don’t know? But what interest would push a stranger to make all this comedy? However, for every good purpose I banned him and I deleted the app again.

A few days later I went into a chat where I used to go sometimes even before, and I got a call from a stranger with nickname "Mattew92-bis" and it alarmed me because Mattew92 was my nickname. He asks me: "How are you?" I ask him right away if we know each other and he says "Sure!" Then he adds: "You did well to delete the app, but what are you looking for here?" I told him: “But who are you? Because you are becoming an obsession for me!" He replied: "No! Just shut down the chat and I disappear!" And I said to him: "But then I find you somewhere else?" He just said, "We'll see" and he broke off.

I permanently closed my account on the chat and then I came back to it with a different nick, but he was still there and told me: "Why are you playing with me? What do you do you? You get out and then re-enter?" I insist: "Who are you? If you don’t tell me, I go to the police." He said to me: "And if I were the police?" I insisted, "Are you a cop?" And he closed. I was really scared and didn’t know what to expect, then I received an email from "Mattew92-bis", I quote it below.

"Hello Matthew, from now you will not hear me again, I'm sorry if I made you worry, my name is Matthew too, and I was born the same year and the same month you were born, but a few days later. I live in front of your house, you've never noticed me but I have watched you for a long time, you leave the window open and you have a mirror behind your back that allows me to see what you do at the PC even if you don’t know, I know you're gay, don’t worry, because I'm gay too, and I’ll not disgrace you, the day you were late at work I followed you from home to where you work, when you had breakfast differently I was in the bar, but you didn’t even notice me, when you enter the chat I see it immediately and I also know your nick, for the application I have a version a little modified by me, I can detect gays that I have around me but they cannot detect me because my location is fixed and always in the same place. If you look at the window you can see from where I look at you: there is a green tent with drawn circles, one of those circles is a hole and from there I look at you with a powerful telescope. Now probably you too will put a tent behind the window, and I will not have my show anymore, but, instead of chasing guys on apps and chats, why don’t you come visit me? You are really a nice guy, I ... well ... it's not up me to judge, but I am attaching a photo of me, so you can understand who I am! I wait for you, now you know where to find me! Please note that I'm not looking for sex, then if sex comes by itself, ok, but I'm looking for a serious gay friend and I know it could be you, if you'll ever forgive me."

I opened the picture and it occurred to me that I had seen that guy a couple of times in passing and he was also a handsome guy. I took courage and went to his house. I told him that he had made me worry a lot, and that he finally made the voyeur. He replied: "Yes, it's true, it started like this, but then you really intrigued me."

Actually he was not looking for sex, I don’t know if there will be sex sooner or later, I hope so, but I'm fine even without sex, I found a totally unexpected friend. He didn’t want me to go to chats because he wanted me to think only of him, now we see each other every day, because he lives right in the building in front of mine, he's a guy with a monstrous intelligence and he really cares about me. Where the story will end up I don’t know but it seems like a good story and then, seen closely he’s just beautiful, sweet but also confident, reassuring.

Well, I was not expecting a coming out like that. I didn’t put any curtains at the window, I saw his telescope with which he spied on me, it was a huge, very heavy, professional tool, he told me was equipped with a 35 cm mirror, and you could see everything even the smallest details. He told me that the first thing that had struck him was that in my house there were never girls and that everything started from there, a beautiful guy (he says I'm beautiful), no girls ... the thing must be deeply analyzed! And he did bingo! He made me shit with fear but now we are two gay friends! And he is not a pathological case as I had feared!

I hug you, Project, and thanks for your skype contact, I’ll call you soon.
Mattew92